Get Answers To Your Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Drug & Alcohol Testing
- What will I need to bring with me? We request that you bring some form of identification, such as a Driver’s License, Passport, etc.
- What is a 10-panel drug test? This is a test for 10 common street drugs: marijuana, acetaminophen, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, morphine, methamphetamines, oxycodone, phencyclidine, barbiturates
- Which drug test is suggested for pre-employment & probation? We can test for whatever your needs are, meeting and complying with whatever requirements employers, courts, or individuals are needing to satisfy policies.
- How soon can I expect my results? We do rapid drug tests in which the results are ready within 5 minutes. We also do lab based drug and alcohol tests upon which the test sample is sent to our laboratory and the results are available within 3-5 business days.
- Can I be tested for one drug such as marijuana? Yes, we have a specific drug test that is lab based where you choose which drug you would like to be tested for. The results would be ready in 3-5 business days.
- Can I be tested for alcohol only? Yes you can be tested for alcohol only.
- Do you offer DOT employment drug testing? Yes
- How are the drug tests collected? Most of the tests are urine based, but we also offer hair follicle testing, saliva testing, nail testing, breathe alcohol testing etc.
- Do I have to be a certain age to take a drug test? Yes, the required age is 18 years or older. If a minor, we request that an adult accompany you.
- Can we do modifications to the CCF (chain of custody forms) for a lab? Yes we can do modifications on the form, everything except the specimen I.D number.
- What types of panels do we do? For employment purposes, the panels are usually 5-10 based on the company’s policy
Situations that may require a drug test:
Reasonable Suspicion: If you have an employee displaying a seemingly sudden behavior change or you have another reason to believe they are abusing drugs, a drug test is the best way to get a quick answer. Some companies consider a temporary leave until drug usage can be confirmed or disproved.
Post Accident: Accidents happen and post accident drug testing is important in establishing or ruling out liability issues. Testing within a few hours of the accident is ideal. It is important to note that a positive drug test does not prove the individual was using at the time of the accident.
Periodic Testing: Periodic drug testing can be a way to deter drug use and emphasize the importance of the health and safety of your staff. This could include random testing at anytime during the year.
Return to Duty: Return to duty is used in cases where an employee is returning to the job after being suspended for drug use or if the employee has been out of work for a significant period of time.
Questions to consider before calling for a drug test:
- How quickly do I need the results, immediately or in a few days?
- How far back do I need to determine drug use, a few days or a few months?
- Will the results be used in an employment decision or judicial matter?
- What type of drugs am I trying to detect? (natural drugs of abuse, prescription drugs or synthetic drugs)
- Will I need to come to the collection center or do I need mobile services?
Drug Testing Services Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
"Best experience I've ever had with a screening establishment. Every time I’ve been in for a test over the last year I’ve had nothing but fast and kind service. Thank you for everything… I will definitely recommend out your service to anyone needing top notch service."
"The staff makes a difficult process easier by simply being who they are. They work hard to get me in and out and I am deeply appreciative of their hard work and attitude!"
"We have Used DTS’s mobile testing services for many years and they have always been extremely responsive. Just a call or email and they know they’ll be there. They give us the confidence that, when they’re on the job, that work will get done promptly and professionally- but in a friendly way, too. We have been very happy working with them."
Risk / Safety